For Materials Only
Material Stories supports individuals and companies with:
|1. Materials Research
(e.g. reference cards)
|2. Materials Driven Design
(e.g. look & feel collages)
|3. Materials Strategy
(e.g. product positioning)
1. Materials Research
Focused research and materials scouting that supports design projects with quick answers and useful references, or provides new solutions through new or unconsidered materials.
- “Which suppliers can provide me with this kind of plastic?”
- “Where do I find (local) manufacturers for these parts?”
- “Can you give me three materials solutions for this part?”
Keywords: suppliers; manufacturers; experts; materialselection; sustainability
2. Materials Driven Design
Materials Driven Design is not only about what a material “is” but more about what it “does”. In other words, this is where raw materials are turned into inspiration to reveal new application ideas.
- “How can we innovate our packaging with new materials?”
- “Which material alternatives can lower our production costs?”
- “How do we find new product applications for our materials?”
Keywords: design; trends; brainstorming; workshops; ideas; innovation
3. Materials Strategy
Materials are more than “stuff products are made of” – materials contribute to a distinctive product experience and even support brand identity and brand recognition. Strategic thinking is all about using materials as a powerful medium for competitive design and branding.
- “How can we create a more recognizable product language?”
- “Which materials and processes fit with our sustainability goals?”
- “How can surface finishing realize a recognizable brand identity?”
Keywords: branding; identity; product language; benchmarks; future
Please write or call to see how these materials services can power your project.